Cyclists sometimes assume that the parking garages with bike parking are secure. Unfortunately, the security of the bike parking at New York City garages varies widely. Some racks are located out of the parking attendants' view and are dimly lit, cluttered with forgotten bikes and precariously accessible to bolt cutter-toting thieves. Cost is free unless otherwise indicated in italics.
For more information, please visit our Indoor Bicycle Parking advocacy section.
- 85 4th Ave (at 10th St.) - Secure bike room $25 per month
- 888 Eighth Avenue (at 53rd Street) - $10 per 10 hours
- 105 Essex Street (b/w Delancey and Rivington)
- 102 Lasalle St (b/w Broadway & Amsterdam) - $10 per day, $90 per month
- 80 Pine Street (West side of Water Street b/w Pine and Maiden)
- Central Parking, 224 Mulberry Street (b/w Prince and Spring) - $40 per month
- Central Parking, 1 Penn Plaza (34th St b/w 7th & 8th) - $15 per 10 hours
- Chelnik Parking, 200 E. 27th Street (at 3rd Avenue) - $6.50 per hour, $206 per month
- Chelnik Parking, 425 Park Avenue (at 55th Street) - $23 per hour
- FastPark, 49 W. 38th Street (at 9th Avenue) - $20 per day
- Gallant Parking, 182 E. 95th Street (at 3rd Avenue) - $21 per day
- Impark, 55 Water Street (south of William Street) - $30 per month for non-tenants
- Kinney System, 345 W. 58th Street (at 8th Avenue) - $37 per day, $16 per hour
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Avenue (at 82nd Street) - $15 per day, open during museum hours
BrooklynCurrently there are no garages listed in Brooklyn.
- Jerome Avenue at Gun Hill Road
- Jerome Avenue at 190th Street
- Court Square (near Jackson Ave.)
- 90th Avenue (bet. Parsons Blvd. & 160th Street)
- Archer Ave. at 165th Street
- Queens Borough Hall
- Queens Plaza South at Jackson Avenue
Please also see the New York City Department of Transportation's Guide to Garage Parking.