- Have you been personally impacted by a traffic crash? Do you agree that it’s time for our streets to be designed for people? That it’s time to put an end to speeding and other reckless driving? Turning anger, frustration and grief into action is not just a healing tool — it can truly make our streets safer. Join us for this important evening and learn about 2020 change-making with Families for Safe Streets. Appropriate for those who have been personally impacted by a crash.
- Have you lost a sibling in a traffic crash? Was your sibling seriously injured? We know this pain can be unimaginable. Friends and family often have a tendency to focus on grieving parents, and for good reason, but what about the sibling experience? Please know you are not alone! Connect with other sisters, brothers (and other special relatives) at our first Sibling Support Community. ** Please check back for location update and time.
- Ever find yourself referring to life BC (before crash) and PC (post crash)? Join us for a casual evening of shared food, drinks, mutual support and connection with others who have experienced traffic violence firsthand. We'll share stories, guidance, tips, resources and more. Appropriate whether your crash was recent or long ago. Caregivers welcome too. ** Please check back for location update and time.
- The impact of traffic deaths and injures can be felt well beyond immediate family. Whether you've lost a friend, colleague or someone you don't know, you may experience a wide range of emotions and wonder how to be most supportive. Join us this trauma-informed event to honor all those personally impacted by traffic violence-- and to discuss how best to show support from near and far. *** Please check back for location update and time.
- The Tour de Staten Island is a scenic ride where 2,000 cyclists coast through the borough's most breathtaking and lesser-known landscapes on the cusp of spring. Both the 35 and 50 mile routes explore Staten Island's gems: Freshkills Park, Great Kills Park, Historic Richmond Town, and striking oceanfront views of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and New York Harbor. An invigorating way to welcome spring in New York City, the Tour de Staten Island is great for riders of all ages and abilities.
- The distress from having a loved one stolen in a traffic crash is unimaginable. Join us for a restorative and social evening to connect with others who have also lost loved ones in this senseless way. Learn about interactive techniques for relieving psychological stress-- and share support, resources, stories and more. ** Please check back for updates on location and time.
- If you've been injured in a crash, you know all too well the toll it can take on your mind, body and spirit. Join us for this special interactive evening to connect with others who have been injured and to explore various healing modalities. Caregivers welcome too. ** Please check back for updates on date and time.
- Care-giving for a loved one injured in a crash is no small job. For some, it's chosen role and for some, it's just expected. No matter the circumstance, this loving work can take a serious toll on your mind, body and spirit. It can also be incredibly rewarding. Join us for a casual evening of shared snacks and camaraderie to connect with others who give their time and energy in this way. ** Please check back for update on location and time.
- Have you been injured or lost a loved one in a crash? If so, you surely know that life's not always a picnic. All the more reason to come together as a community... and have a summer picnic! We'll meet in a NYC park, surrounded by nature's wonder. Bring blankets, chairs, food, drinks, family, games and more -- or just bring yourself! ** Please check back for updates on location and time.