The Digital Organizer works closely with other Transportation Alternatives' (TA) Organizers and the Marketing & Communications team to engage New Yorkers and build an online base to win campaigns to transform New York City's streets. Situated within the Advocacy team of TA, the Digital Organizer will report to TA's Director of Organizing and Senior Director of Marketing & Communications.
This person will brainstorm and execute creative, digital advocacy campaigns using email action alerts, online petitions and social media; write email, web and social media communication; assist in paid digital media ad buys; post to various social media properties; work with design team to develop graphic creative for campaigns; and track, report, and analyze metrics, using data to inform social media, website and email performance.
- Strategize, develop, and execute high-impact, innovative social media and online campaigns around policy and advocacy goals to grow our online supporter base and increase engagement
- Write compelling advocacy emails, online petitions, blog posts and other web-based copy
- Help build relationships with bloggers and local and national online publications
- Help build relationships with digital strategists at allied organizations to amplify campaigns
- Help build relationships and strengthen partnerships with allies, including civil rights, faith and civic leaders, community organizations, community members, public officials, and other allies to support programmatic goals and priorities
- Manage data analytic reports for blog, website and social media performance
- Work with TA organizers to integrate field and online tactics
- Commitment to TA's mission
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with a range of individuals and organizations in support of a mutually shared goal
- 3 or more years of experience in online organizing or campaigning with a strong background in advocacy, digital project management, electoral and/or grassroots organizing
- Excellent writing skills, including strong proofreading and editing skills, with popular audiences in mind; experience writing compelling email actions preferred
- Experience developing and executing social media engagement strategies across various platforms and experience using various social media aggregator and reporting tools
- Experience with CRM, CMS, online advocacy tools and bulk email systems, ideally Salesforce Pardot or Marketing Cloud
- Ability to own and manage projects from start to finish with input from across the organization
- Ability into integrate online communications and organizing with offline organizing
- Interest and skill in finding creative ways to leverage new and existing technology
- Familiarity with analyzing website and email metrics
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Experience developing creative graphic content, optimized for social media engagement
- Experience managing design and execution of web based projects such as website redesign and microsite creation
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite and some HTML and CSS
- Experience planning and executing paid media advertising campaigns (search, social media, retargeting, list chaperoning, mobile ads, etc)
- Familiarity with organizing and issue-based advocacy
Please submit resume and cover letter to job_applications[at]transalt[dot]org with “Digital Organizer” in the subject line. This is an immediate hire. Applications will be accepted through June 1, 2020. Interviews with candidates may take place before June 1.
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. We value having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, background and modal preference.